Do you even trail run in winter?! Well now you can so no more excuses, the La Sportiva Blizzard GTX can handle tough conditions when you find yourself running in a winter wonderland. Like its name suggests, the Blizzard GTX shines its brightest in inclement weather. From ice to slush, fluffy cover to frozen chunder, this running shoe means business. The outsole utilizes La Sportiva’s Frixion technology to give you a shoe with a precise balance of flex and durability. You'll be able to handle the variability of wintery, mountain terrain for mid/long runs all season long. And the 7mm lugs with Hobnail inlays of Tungsten Alloy mean you’ll be confidently busting through some real “stuff” out there. The balanced burliness moves to the Extended Comfort Gortex upper, on up to the 4-way stretch gaiter, making sure no weather penetrates as you brave the storm in comfort. You can even push it into the low light of the evening with reflective details stitched into the fabric. The Single Cord Lacing System is the cherry on top, hugging your foot for maximum comfort and control. The next time the weather calls for storms a brewin’, you can politely decline the invitation to stay inside. You’ve got the shoe for the job.
- Pull Cord Lacing System gives a precise fit with the ability to stash excess cord.
- 360 degree built in gaiter conforms nicely to the ankle and protects against snow, rocks and mud.
- Added toe protection comes from a rubber overlay on the toebox to keep your tootsies protected from unseen obstacles.
- Injection Molded EVA foam midsole helps absorb shock from ground impact as you keep on truckin'.
- Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort construction on the upper provides weatherproofing and comfort.
- Frixion AT 2.0 outsole with Tungsten Alloy Hobnails inserted into 7mm lugs adds up to a durable, rugged, gnarly terrain grabbing shoe.
*For proper fit, we suggest sizing up one half US size.
|Fit||Medium / High Volume|
|Last||Medium / Wide|
|Lacing System||Single Cord Pull Lacing System|
|Notes||Grippy, technical, high protection winter/adverse conditions running shoe|
|Bottom Line||The shoe for inclement weather and winter trail conditions|
|Usage||Winter trail running|
|Compare to other Mountain Running Shoes|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.