“Snowy trail, take me up, to a peak, where I belong.” I can hear everyone singing along as they skip their way up or down their favorite snow-covered trail in their Cyklon Cross GTX shoes from La Sportiva. Based on the popular Cyklon shoe it was decided that a high gaiter and waterproof properties were the next logical step in creating a juggernaut of a winter shoe. The integrated BOA Fit System gives an evenly distributed fit that works with plenty of foot shapes and creates a secure feel from heel to toe box. The grippy and well-designed outsole gives fantastic purchase in snowy, icy, muddy, or just plain wet conditions. Climb with confidence and descend like a maniac since you know the Frixion XF 2.0 V-GROOVE™ tread pattern will support you in every which way. For picky eaters, these shoes are made with Vegan materials – not just a bad joke, it’s actually true! Just like your winter runs, the features go on and on and on with La Sportiva’s Cyklon Cross GTX shoe.
SkyRun Fit Tip - Go with your typical European size. We recommend sizing up one-half US size if you don't know your Euro shoe size.
- BOA Fit System gives a precise fit with the twist of a dial.
- Dual density EVA midsole encapsulates TPU Stabilizing Inserts for lateral stability in uneven terrain.
- Frixion XF 2.0 V-GROOVE™ outsole grabs well in all directions in a variety of trail conditions.
- Two-way stretch gaiter is water repellent and abrasion resistant to protect you from the weather and trail hazards.
- Molded TPU toecap and extended TPU film above the toe increase durability and protect against bumps along the way.
- PU Top Cover acts as a mudguard to increase longevity of the upper.
- Waterproof GORE-TEX membrane with flex construction keeps you dry and comfy in inclement weather.
- Water repellent YKK zipper completes the weather resistant package of the gaiter setup.
- Reflective details keep you visible in low light, wintery situations.
|Weight (pair)||730g [11.0]|
|Outsole||FriXion® XF 2.0|
|Cushion||Medium / High|
|Usage||Winter running, rain soaked outings|
|Notes||Waterproof GORE-TEX® membrane keeps you dry on the inside|
|Bottom Line||Fantastic way to extend your running season|
|Compare to other Mountain Running Shoes|
Questions & Reviews
Like most La Sportiva you'll probably have to go up 1 size larger than normal street shoes. In comparison to Sportiva Mutants I also have in 12, these in size 12 are just a bit more snug, both fit my 'normal size 11' feet well.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.