Jim is going on a run in unknown terrain with the only beta being "anywhere between thirty and forty-five miles and 7-11k of gain"; what shoe should he choose? The HOKA Mafate Speed 4 satisfies the requirements for adventures as ludicrous as this. Jim would want a midsole with sufficient cushioning and responsiveness for long runs and an outsole that inspires confidence on unknown terrain in all conditions. Jim may desire an upper that holds the foot comfortably, breathes well, and dries quickly. Jim would also be wise to want a low drop, some margin of protection, and lighter weight for the long hours on foot. The Mafate Speed 4 ticks these boxes and grants all of Jim's wants and desires.
SkyRun Fit Tip - We find the Mafate Speed 4 to fit true to US sizes.
- Jacquard mesh upper breathes well and hugs the foot like a mother to her child.
- Vibram Megagrip with Litebase is the outsole 9 out of 10 dentists recommend.
- Rubber toe cap protects the piggies that went to the market and those who stayed home.
- Use of recycled materials throughout so Jim's grandchildren's children can also run on trails.
- Gusseted tongue construction provides comfort and keeps the shoes debris-free.
|Vibram Megagrip with Litebase
|Medium / High
|Trail running, races
|Recycled materials throughout
|Great for fast runs on technical trails
|Compare to other Mountain Running Shoes
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.