Rumor has it that Petzl challenged their designers to reinvent the headlamp with running comfort in mind. Whether or not that’s actually true, the designers did in fact come up with a funky-looking yet great-feeling headlamp. Most notably, the weight is now distributed all around with the ultrathin lamp upfront and the power source in the back. And like that, the dreaded, front-heavy, bobbling headlamp of yesteryear is gone. In its place is an incredibly ergonomic, adjustable headlamp that feels like it was custom-made for your head. Multiple LEDs and two beam options - flood or mixed - allow you to pick the perfect lighting for your efforts. The semi-rigid AIRFIT headband replaces the classic, stretchy bands and, as a result, increases air circulation when you’re working up a sweat. It’s also so light you’ll hardly notice it’s there. Don’t let dusk threaten to end your run - flick on the IKO to light up the trails and continue on with your night moves.
- IKO features HYBRID CONCEPT which means it accepts both standard batteries for an output of 350 lumens or the Petzl CORE battery for an output of 500 lumens!
- IPX4 (weather-resistant) rating means sweat, rain, and celebratory beverages won’t make it flinch.
- Match the light to your situation: two beam types (flood or mixed) and different brightness levels.
- Lock functions safeguard in case of accidental battery drain.
- Battery charge indicator lights help you make sure you’re adequately juiced.
- Comes with a convenient storage pouch that also functions as a campsite lantern.
- Easily flattened like a pancake for easy storage.
|Charging Time||3 hrs|
IKO CORE 500
79g [IKO CORE]
|Battery Life||IKO 2hrs max power
IKO CORE 2hrs30 max power
|Waterproof Rating||IPX4 (weather resistant)|
|Notes||Unique design is very comfortable|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight and packable - great for night runs, or days that may run into night|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.