High alpine running requires a shoe that won’t let you down and can outperform the demands of the terrain. With this in mind, La Sportiva created the Jackal II Boa - a comfortable, well-cushioned shoe that can take to the mountains with confidence. Built for distance, this iteration of the Jackal features Infinitoo cushion technology. In short, this means less energy expenditure without sacrificing the support and cushion needed for all-day adventures. When you're packing on miles chances are you'll come across some chossy terrain. A full-length, dual-density rockguard will be the guardian angel to the soles of your feet. But your feet need protection from multiple angles, not just from the ground. To cover you from all sides there is an Ariaprene gaiter to keep the nasty bits of shale and dust out. The Frixion XT 2.0 outsole strikes a delicate balance of grip and efficiency. Leaning towards the side of efficiency, there is still plenty of bite provided by varied lug depths running up to 3.5mm. Wait a minute, we haven't even talked about the double BOA system yet! You can literally dial in your fit with this ingenious setup that helps with heel hold, midfoot security, and forefoot regulation. By the time the designers of the Jackal II BOA were done, they must have looked at each other and asked, "did we miss anything?"
SkyRun Fit Tip - We recommend ordering La Sportiva shoes in your usual European size, or one-half US size larger than you typically wear.
- Varied lug depths up to 3.5mm deep provide a sweet balance of grip and efficiency.
- Recycled abrasion-resistant mesh protects you from the world you are protecting.
- Frixion XT 2.0 dual-compound outsole is grippy and highly durable.
- Ariaprene gaiter and tongue help your feet breathe while keeping debris out of the heel.
- Dual BOA closure system fully secures every part of your foot in every part of the shoe.
- Infinitoo PU inserts offer greater cushion and stability at the same time.
|Weight (pair)||656g [44.0]|
|Outsole||FriXion® XF 2.0|
|Usage||Technical terrain, long-distance|
|Notes||Abrasion-resistant mesh exterior|
|Bottom Line||Balanced shoe for high terrain and long performance|
|Compare to other Mountain Running Shoes|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.