We all have hurdles in life to clear. As trail runners sometimes those hurdles are literal mountains. If you're lining up a whole bunch of hurdles throw on some Akyra's from La Sportiva and get hoppin'! The Akyra is built for rugged mountain running with an outsole that is just as stable as it is aggressive. The tight lug pattern conforms to any terrain including the rockiest scree field you can find. Equipped with a toe wrap and high levels of underfoot protection you can open it up on that shale, or rocky road to glory. Steep ups are usually followed by steep downs, but no worry, the Impact Brake System will keep you under control. Think of La Sportiva's Akyra like armor for your feet, only comfortable for all-day battle.
- FriXion XT 2.0 outsole is protective and competent in the toughest terrain to keep you on trail and on track.
- Trail Rocker2 profile makes for easy motion while climbing and descending.
- Injection-molded MEMlex EVA midsole featuring La SpEVA is protective yet provides cushion for ultimate on and off-trail comfort.
- Air Mesh upper with Flex Guard Inserts is breathable and protective at the same time.
- Impact Brake System lug pattern keeps your momentum under control on descents.
*For proper fit, we suggest sizing up one half US size.
|Fit||Medium / High Volume|
|Last||Medium / Wide|
|Notes||Outsole is built to take on technical terrain|
|Bottom Line||A true beast of the shoe world, take on the gnarliest terrain with these bad boys|
|Usage||Mountain running, fastpacking|
|Compare to other Mountain Running Shoes|
Questions & Reviews
I love these shoes so much I ended up buying 2 pairs for down the road when I burn through the first one. These are my 'goldilocks' shoes; they're perfect when it comes to durability and they're light enough for me to feel comfortable hiking technical terrain in them or running and trying to beat my previous time on a route.
If you're looking for a really comfortable pair of distance shoes that still let you feel the trail, but also give you protection like a hiking boot (without the weight) this is what shoe I'd point you to!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.