The Trail Force 20 is an offering from CAMP geared towards multi-day races where a smaller pack won't cut it. Long gone are the days when packs simply consisted of a pouch with a couple of dividers to keep your stuff generally sorted. Now, CAMP references principles of anterior/posterior balance, compression, and interior/exterior pocket allocation in their quest for an organized backpack. Backpack Science has come a long way!
As with the rest of the Trail Force series, the front shoulder straps have their own compartments, namely two soft flask holders and two wide pockets for gloves and other accessories. These straps, plus the padded back surface, are a lightweight 3D mesh with soft edging so you're unlikely to find two angry red marks where they sat all day. The main compartment has a separate key holder and sleeve for hydration bladders, plus plenty of volume for extended outings where you might be carrying nighttime equipment and multi-layer systems. To ensure your precious cargo doesn't slosh around, adjustable elastic cords on the back and lateral portions of the pack compress contents per your needs.
The pièce de resistance of the new Trail Force is the pole carry system, which comprises a set of lower elastic loops for horizontal carry, plus a loop on the shoulder strap to quickly attach fully deployed poles. This whole maneuver can be accomplished in seconds without removing the pack and proves quite secure once the poles are in place. If you are considering a fast-paced hiking trip, especially one with the occasional scramble, the efficiency and security of the Trail Force 20 is a serious upgrade over an ordinary hiking pack.
- Water-repellent, durable, stretch-resistant polyester material will hold up to all the abuse that comes with being your running pack.
- Lightweight 3D mesh with perforated padding and soft edging is comfortable against the surface of your back.
- Soft flask holders accept 300 and 600 mL soft flasks.
- Elastic cords compress the main compartment for stabilization.
- Wide shoulder strap pockets and external elastic mesh pockets hold additional accessories.
- Sternum strap is secure and height-adjustable.
- Pole carry, adapted from CAMP's ski touring packs, allows poles to be attached on the fly, saving time and energy.
- Back loops can be used for light items such as a race bib, signal chip, or lamp.
- Comes in two sizes, XS-M and M-L, for wearers of height 150-170 cm and 175-195 cm respectively.
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.