When you’re out charging in the mountains, you shouldn’t have to fiddle with a confusing watch, wonder if your efforts are being recorded, or pray the batteries don’t die. So, take a deep breath and allow the COROS APEX Watch to reassure you. From here on out, you can just focus on your adventure. We have intentionally picked the COROS lineup due to its consistency, impressive battery life, and accuracy. The 46mm APEX boasts a battery life of 100 hours in UltraMax GPS mode and 35 hours in normal mode. Either way, you’ll be done before the battery is. And because too many traditional buttons can be a time-consuming frustration, the APEX has just one button and a digital button for a simplified experience. Speaking of simplification, COROS has built their watches to help you achieve your fitness goals by including built-in advanced training analysis, a heart rate monitor, recovery time suggestions, and connection to their proprietary COROS app. COROS also added an accurate and helpful navigation feature for when you’re exploring new areas, or your ambition accidentally gets you disoriented. All of these features packed into a stylish, incredibly durable, not-too-bulky package might just make the COROS APEX Premium MultiSport Watch your new favorite adventure partner.
- Incredible battery life up to 100 hours of tracking just in case you're out all day and night...and day and night...
- Simple interface with one button for a streamlined experience and fast learning curve.
- Multiple sport settings will cover almost every activity you find yourself taking on.
- Bluetooth 4.2 and ANT+ connectivity for smartphones and accessories.
- Silicone strap is durable, comfortable, and replaceable.
- Compatible with the COROS smartphone app so you can track all your data easily.
- Offered in two face diameters, a svelte 42mm or 46mm with a bigger battery.
|Charging Time||Less than 2 hours|
|Battery Life||80 hours UltraMax GPS, 25 hours full GPS, 24 days regular use [42mm]
100 hours UltraMax GPS, 35 hours full GPS, 30 days regular use [46mm]
|Waterproof Rating||10 ATM (100M / 328ft)|
|Specs Verified||42mm only|
|Connection||Bluetooth 4.2, ANT+|
|24/7 HR Monitoring||Yes|
|Blood Oxygen Monitoring||No|
|Display Type||Memory LCD|
|Face Material||Sapphire glass|
|GPS Mode||GPS/QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou|
|Optical HR Monitor||Yes|
|Usage||Training day, race day, any day on the trail, or in the mountains|
|Notes||Incredible battery life|
|Bottom Line||Well designed, comfortable and powerful training partner|
|Compare to other Running Watches|
Questions & Reviews
+ excellent battery life. quick-charging
+ comfortable, low-profile design
+ quick and accurate satellite sync
+ intuitive app and customizable layout.
- There is no backlight which does save battery, but it means you have to unlock the watch to read when you are out of direct sunlight.
- The little bands that keep the strap in place are sticky and hard to move, makes it hard to take on/off
- The watch face seems durable but doesn't like being scraped against rock climbing walls (oops)
I look forward to skiing with it this winter!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.