On the surface, a running pole seems simple. Handle, pole, carbide/rubber tip right? However, appearances can be deceiving. Case and point, the Black Diamond Carbon Z Running Pole. These poles possess an impressive feature set that would be right at home on anything from technical trail to a few laps on your favorite meat and potatoes hill climb. The 100 percent carbon shaft keeps swing weight to a minimum, and the three piece design is handy for when things get scrambly. EVA foam grips and breathable straps will keep sweaty wrists and palms to a minimum, and Black Diamond even thought to optimize joint stiffness and support for durability. I could keep going, but I think I will let the poles do the talking.
- 100% Carbon shaft keeps weight to a minimum.
- Z Pole construction utilizes speed-cone deployment for efficient setup and storage.
- EVA foam grip and grip extension pair nicely with a breathable strap that is both moisture wicking and made from recycled materials.
- Should you take to running in the snow, these poles are Z-Pole snow basket compatible.
- Included rubber or carbide tip are both compatible thanks to the interchangeable tech tip.
- Low-profile basket provides versatility, while also being removable.
|Lengths (cm)||100, 105, 110, 115, 120|
|Weight (pair)||262g 
|Basket & Tip||Interchangeable Tech Tip carbide|
|Diameter||14mm upper, 12mm lower|
|Usage||Crushing uphills, varied terrain|
|Notes||Exra joint support means a more durable, stiffer setup|
|Bottom Line||Go-to pole for year round running adventures|
|Compare to other Running Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.